Sunday, March 7, 2010

Keeping Touch.

By the way let me share my devos. I read today.  This is a book that Presley(Larry's young boss)gave us.  It goes as follows:
We believe in God-such as it is-we have faith-because certain things happened to us once and go on happening.  We work and goof off, we love and dream, we have wonderful times and awful times, are cruelly hurt and hurt others cruelly, get mad and bored and scared stiff and ache with desire, do all such human things as these, and if our faith is not mainly just window dressing or a rabbit's foot or fire insurance, it is because it grows out of precisely this kind of rich human compost.  The God of the biblical faith is the God who meets us at these moments in which for better or worse we are being most human, most ourselves, and if we lose touch with these moments, if we stop from time to time to notice what is happening to us and around us and inside us,  we run the THE TRAGIC RISK of losing touch with God too.

So you see I have faith enough in that even though at this time of my life I find myself alone allot,without the children,and Larry at times this is where the Lord has for me to be.  I am trying to make the best of it and so far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment