Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Only Psalm...


PSALM 62, IS THE ONLY PSALM where the word “ONLY” IS SIGNIFICANT.
Truly=Only
Simple faith=confidence in God.
This Psalm talks about one of David’s greatest heartaches. A time in his life that was very dark.yet he is living above the storms, shocks, and stresses of life. This psalm has been a good one for me through some dark times too.
V.1 Only God can give salvation through faith.
V.2 He only is my rock and my defense I shall not be moved.
V.3 they the mischievous men, are running over him as a mob runs over a fence, but he says it’s all right if it is God’s will
V. 4 two faced-friends but still if God has permitted it so he would trust him even when they only consult to cast him down.
V.5 my soul waits only upon God; for my expectation is from him. David was truly in prayer because of the word expectation. Praying without ceasing for what truly is best.
V.6 He “only” is my rock
V.7 -8.Only God is my salvation, my glory my strength, my refuge.
V.9 Only God can be trusted because he is not fickle. As soon as we take our eyes off of only him and towards men then is when discouragement, disillusions and disappointments set in.
V.10 Men or material things are undependable….only God.
V.11 Only God has the power to do anything.  He has all the power and He can do anything he wants.
V.12 Only unto thee, O Lord, belongs mercy; for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment