Wednesday, November 18, 2009

What is REALLY important....really.




"One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4 
If I always keep these five words at the tip of my tongue then I could/can say I was a success.
Ask
Seek
Dwell
Gaze
Inquire
With every ounce of my being...the Lord.  
Trouble is I am weak and have scars to proof it. Even as a child I wanted to go to heaven for the opposite scared me so.  Now after so many years with the assurance of my salvation I some how feel I have only touched the surface of God's love for me. Oh yes, we all will live for eternity..One alive and enjoying the "place He went to prepare for us" And others an eternal death to the place he has prepared for Satan.."living" in an eternal death wanting to die but forever not being able to. No amount of anti-depressants will work there.
No, Stephen Spielberg or King story will or even could begin to frighten you like hell should.  Yet people still reject...they don't even give it the benefit of the doubt
As I finish my 10th sympathy flower arrangement (in the last week) for dear ones who have gone...which by the way has brought me to these thoughts, I am reminded how short life really is...why do I waste it on things that really don't amount to a pile of "nothing".
I pray that today and tomorrow and for how ever long I have left that  I can put those 5 words in to practice.






No comments:

Post a Comment